The Inner Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inner CircleLog in

A discussion of motorcycles and lesser things.

Issues with Guzzidiag.

mode_editPost new topicreplyReply to topic
2 posters

descriptionIssues with Guzzidiag. - Page 2 EmptyRe: Issues with Guzzidiag.

more_horiz

Any good 12V supply will work for the cables. Having said that, the bikes battery has to be good as well. If volts drop below ~11, you won't be able to connect.

more_horiz
I pulled the lambda's. Both were sooty. Changed them to a decent looking used set. With Guzzidiag cleared the errors. Then started the bike, ran it for a few minutes. Checked for errors, still there. Cleared them again, repeated test and no errors. Repeated test a few times to confirm no errors.

To read the bike when the engine is running, still have to Connect While the bike is running. Is what it is??

Tried the Reader again. For what ever reason, it connected and downloaded the map. First time was the cables connected to the bike battery. Second time was the same spare battery I used last time. Both worked fine. The only thing different that I know of was the lambda's.

Unfortunately the bike is still not idling quite right. Still seems rich. Brand new engine as I mentioned. Still gets a vapor out of both exhaust pipes. Looks like a cold day with a automobile when you see that mist out the exhaust. No regular pattern when it does it, warm or cold. The PO had some aftermarket shorty mufflers on it, maybe it was mapped for them and is set to be rich??? No idea how the bike ran before, it was one of those with the thrust bearing issues.

So thank you so far!!!!!! Really appreciate the help!!!!
Tom

PS: Can you help me determine the ID of the map? The bike is '16, the map date is 12/??/16. Stock or aftermarket? Can you point me somewhere that I can look this up? Should I start another topic?

more_horiz
The reader writes a log with the map details. Post it here and we can quickly check.

You can send me the map to confirm. Use this contact form to send me a message:

http://griso.org/contact.html

more_horiz
Here is the .txt file:

Drawing: CM228306
Hardware: 38M3G3HW309
Omologation: E15
Software: 4533V796
Tester: 151155090
Date: 2016.12.07

Is this a stock factory .bin? Again the bike is a '16, date seems late in the year.

I Emailed Beetle the .bin file.

Tom

more_horiz

It's a stock factory map.

more_horiz
I installed your map for the V7 stock exhaust today. Seems to idle and sound better. Need to ride to see how it does.

When starting with engine warm, it takes a moment for the idle to come up. Then comes up on its own to a pretty smooth 1350. Varies a bit 1300 to 1400.

It does have 2 codes now that come back. Need to look them up. P0501 and p0502.

Thank you very much again so far!
Tom

more_horiz

P0501/502 are wheel speed sensor errors. You may need to recalibrate the MGCT. Maybe try turning it off then on again.

more_horiz
Codes have gone away so far after a short ride. Guessing that is what it needed after the new map was installed.

Thank you again for the help!!!!!!!!

Tom

descriptionIssues with Guzzidiag. - Page 2 Empty2016 V7 II. Mapping with MacBook

more_horiz
sunny Anybody use a MacBook Air to remap a V7? I have the right cables...

more_horiz
Not many Mac users here, unfortunately.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic