The Inner Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inner CircleLog in

A discussion of motorcycles and lesser things.

Issues with Guzzidiag.

mode_editPost new topicreplyReply to topic
2 posters

descriptionIssues with Guzzidiag. EmptyIssues with Guzzidiag.

more_horiz
I'm having trouble with Guzzidiag and 2015 and 2017 V7's for instance. On both V7's, I can connect fine, all readings work fine, but as soon as I start the bike all the readings freeze.

Shut bike off and disconnect. Reconnect and all is well until I start the bike again. This is happening with 2 sets of cables, 1 Win7 tablet and 1 Win10 tablet. V.47 as well as V.60 on both tablets.

I would like to buy and add a map for the 2015, but I'm concerned that with my issue of reading while the bike is running, maybe that issue could give me trouble loading a map properly? Or am I safe to load a map? Don't want to brick an ECU.

Also with V.60, at least when some bike models are chosen, you select the title for the reading you want, for instance RPM or whichever one. When you close Guzzidiag and reopen it, the title is gone. It still reads RPM, but again, no title. So if you had selected engine and air temp, the temp readings are there, but no title for what each one is. I tried another bike, Stelvio I think and the titles stayed, but IIRR, EV >2000 would lose the title.

Thank you!
Tom

descriptionIssues with Guzzidiag. EmptyAvatar

more_horiz
I didn't know I somehow selected that image as my avatar, sorry.

Tom

descriptionIssues with Guzzidiag. EmptyRe: Issues with Guzzidiag.

more_horiz

It's the default avatar. Don't be sorry.

GuzziDiag v.60 overwrites the .ini file every time, so that may be related. I tested it with the EV > 2000 and got the same result as you. Griso stayed as per selected, but EV resets every time. Might be an undocumented bug.

Your freezing values are a concern. Why is it happening with two bikes? If it was only one bike, I could probably hazard some theories. Two bikes? Weird. I use 0.47 and have nothing like that ever happen. If the readings work before you start the engine. Then I would think it's safe to remap. Any trouble with learning the throttle? Have you tried to save your current maps?

Any modifications to the bikes, electrical wise? What about the tablets? Are they the same model?

more_horiz

2 different brand tablets. Running Win7 and Win10. Lonelec cables and cables from the rain forest site (both sets work on my 2004 EVT properly) both get the same results. .47 and .60, neither works while running, only engine off. Both were basically stock as far we knew for electrics.

I'm not sure if throttle learn and and the other reset/learn is working or not. Both do read something like completed successfully.

I also was helping a friend with a '13 Stelvio 8V. For a test we wanted to adjust the Co trim. I was able to adjust the numbers but no change in idle while the bike was running. My EVT you can hear the engine change as you adjust the numbers. I also did not get the message to shut off with the Kill switch, not Key switch. On my EVT, I get the Kill switch message.

Thank you again!
Tom

more_horiz

Stelvio (all CARC models) has to have the lambda disabled in the map before CO trim will work. Even with lambda disabled, you need to wait ~20 seconds between changes and before killing the engine and then again before turning the key off.

I'm stumped regarding the loss of comms for the V7's. Have you tried connecting after the engine is running? The key doesn't have to be off to connect GuzziDiag. Just click 'Connect' -> 'OK'.

more_horiz
I don't know how to post pictures here. I can email some to you with .47 and .60 that show engine off and running as well as the ECU numbers.

So if I can successfully download the original stock map, I "will" be able to upload one of your V7 maps?

Tom

more_horiz
Just read your reply after my last one.

Next week I can try to Reconnect with the engine running and see what happens.

Stelvio. OK it wasn't an issue with me. Cool!!!

Tom

more_horiz
Tom H wrote:
I don't know how to post pictures here. I can email some to you with .47 and .60 that show engine off and running as well as the ECU numbers.

Click this icon to post a pic.

Issues with Guzzidiag. 0b81c110

So if I can successfully download the original stock map, I "will" be able to upload one of your V7 maps?

I would think so.

more_horiz
I was able to read the 2016 V7 with the engine running by Connecting while the engine was running. Weird, but solved.

Next issue.

Tried using the reader for MIUG3. I pressed Read and after a few moments, I got Initialization Failed. Tried both comm ports listed, 3 and 5. And checked the port Guzzidiag was connecting with, comm 3. So now I'm stuck again. I did try both of my cable sets, both worked with Guzzidiag, but not with the reader.

I do have 3 codes showing. One is P0611 Saved Data File Invalid Signal. And Lambda sensors P0130 and P0136. Guess I need to search for an answer to those.

Any thoughts on the reader?

Thank you!
Tom

more_horiz

P0611 is a data file that can only be read by PADS, the official service software. You can ignore it.

P0130 is a generic lambda error
P0136 is a lambda probe heater issue. Not much you can do except check the connectors and reseat them.

You didn't have GuzziDiag open while trying to use the reader? You can only have one open at a time, because they grab the port and won't share.

more_horiz
Gussidiag was closed. I knew that one Very Happy

I have used the 15M reader and writer on my '04 EVT without issues IIRR. Been about 6 years, so I don't remember for sure if I had issues.

I can try my other tablet running Win8 (think I said 7 before) and see if it will read. Tablet I tried was Win10.

This all comes down to that I would like to try one of your maps and see if it improves this bike. 2016 V7 Racer, stock pipes and airbox. Heck the map in in I think is 12/07/2016.

But..... maybe it's a lambda issue like the codes say. Lambda's and most of the bike have only about 6000 miles on them. Engine is FACTORY brand new (original had the thrust bearing issue), maybe 20 miles Can't believe lambda's have gone bad? The bike smells a bit rich, but almost seems to run a bit lean.

Thank you so far!!!
Tom

more_horiz

Unscrew the probes and have a look. If one is really black and sooty, the heater isn't working.

If you can connect with GuzziDiag, the Reader should work. Wait..the engine wasn't running, was it? GuzziDiag will connect with the engine running, but not the Reader...

more_horiz
Yes. the engine was off, key on when reader instructed.

I'll have a look at the probes next week.

Tom

more_horiz

Can you post the reader log?

more_horiz
I don't have a file or picture hosting service. I'll see if I can find the log and copy it's contents.

Thank you!
Tom

more_horiz
I had about 5 or 6 log files. They all showed this, except the first colum the numbers changed.

17179875ms Fast init
17179876ms Fast init
17179877ms Fast init
17179878ms Fast init
17179879ms Fast init
17179881ms Fast init
17179882ms Fast init
17179883ms Fast init
17179885ms Fast init
17179886ms Fast init

Tom

more_horiz

That can’t be right. 17179875 mS is 4 hours and 46 minutes.

What the?

more_horiz
Uncheck the fast init perhaps

2007 1200 Sport
2021 V85TT
2021 Himalayan
1973 BSA B50 SS Gold Star
1966 BSA B44 Victor Enduro

more_horiz
There is an entry in the relevant .ini file:
SlowInit = 0

maybe forcing this to SlowInit = 1 ? and see how that goes

2007 1200 Sport
2021 V85TT
2021 Himalayan

more_horiz
It took about 1 minute or less for the error to come up.

Where is the .ini for the reader?

Tom

more_horiz
It will be in the same directory as the program and will be GuzziDiag_V0.50.ini - 

Actually I am talking shit Tom. There is no .ini for reader or writer. However there is a button on the front screen that says Fast Init; clicking it changes it to Slow Init - give that a try

2007 1200 Sport
2021 V85TT
2021 Himalayan

more_horiz
I could not find a button to click for a slower connection speed on either ecu version of my reader. Do you mean to change the baud rate of the port?

Thank you,
Tom

more_horiz

MIUG3Reader doesn't have Fast Init.

Don't change the baud rate. What is the port latency set at? Set it at 1mS if not already.

more_horiz
I WAS talking shit. Sorry!

2007 1200 Sport
2021 V85TT
2021 Himalayan

more_horiz
I will try the 1ms setting for the comm port.

Something I was wondering about. Does it matter if the power for my Loelec cables is hooked up to the bike's battery? Or just any 12v will work except maybe for the charge voltage?

On second thought, IIRR with the cables hooked to a spare battery I think I read the charge voltage change while hooked to the V7.

Tom

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic