The Inner Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inner CircleLog in

A discussion of motorcycles and lesser things.

descriptionBeetlemap for V7 850 2022 EmptyBeetlemap for V7 850 2022

more_horiz
Please let us know when it will be available. I’ve got the Mistral pipes and would like to upgrade fuel injection.

Thank you
Expressobike

descriptionBeetlemap for V7 850 2022 EmptyRe: Beetlemap for V7 850 2022

more_horiz

It will be announced here first!

cheers

more_horiz
Hi,
my name is Ralf and I just have bought a new V7 850 E5....and even I was not able to register here yet:oops: (??) I kindly like to ask about the situation with access to the Marelli MIUG4 ECU.

Any news or outlook for these new ECU generation?

Thanks to all involved and best regards from good old Germany
Ralf

more_horiz
Hi Ralf,

I've just activated your account. Unfortunately GuzziDiag doesn't support the MIUG4 yet. Currently, your only option is UpMap.

more_horiz
Okaay, Now I am in and first of all thank you for your fast feedback in that matter! Beetlemap for V7 850 2022 1f600
Do you see any possibility to get ECU access via TunerPro? I have seen offereings of an related XDF file and Interface cable connectors, but I am not sure wehther this is a good way into...

Best regards
Ralf

more_horiz

I am not aware of any XDF files for the MIUG4. I've not known TunerPro RT to work with any Guzzi/Marelli ECU, if that's what you're referring to.

If I've misunderstood, please let me know!

more_horiz
Hi, I am not sure at all whether TunerPro is the right software for MIUG4 communication, especially as I have heard rumors that experts don't believe so. However, this is what I was referring to:
https://oldskulltuning.com/moto-guzzi-ecu-tuning-marelli-g4-with-tunerpro/

In addition, a company called Lonelec, [an UK based trading company] offers the complete OBD CAN interface for the new V7 850:
https://www.lonelec.com/product/guzzidiag-euro5-kit-interface-adaptor-kl1-euro5-adaptor/

Not sure at all whether this commercially offered "package" is going to work and if yes, I have no clue where to get a suitable ADF for live reading/ logging...

more_horiz

TunerPro is map editing software. The RT version is able to make "real time" adjustments, but AFAIK, it's never worked with a Marelli ECU.

I'm also not aware of any low cost software to read & write to the MIUG4. I understand the AlienTech KESS v3 will do it, but it's very expensive, and not aimed at the end user.

The Lonelec kit is not for the V7 850. It's for the V85. The E4 V85 uses the E5 connector. The MIUG4 uses CANbus for communication.

As for the XDF, if I had a map from an MIUG4 I could probably make one myself. Old Skull probably developed theirs via AlienTech data.

more_horiz
beetle's little board is growing . Cool .

You new fellas have come to the place with the best signal to noise ratio when it comes to finding information , it's like walking into a quiet library where all of the smart blokes are sitting around a table just waiting to help .

And me Laughing

Dusty

more_horiz
Hahaha, Yeah, at the end we all want to learn in exhanging new available information and forward looking discussions Wink

more_horiz
beetle wrote:

TunerPro is map editing software. The RT version is able to make "real time" adjustments, but AFAIK, it's never worked with a Marelli ECU.

I'm also not aware of any low cost software to read & write to the MIUG4. I understand the AlienTech KESS v3 will do it, but it's very expensive, and not aimed at the end user.

The Lonelec kit is not for the V7 850. It's for the V85. The E4 V85 uses the E5 connector. The MIUG4 uses CANbus for communication.

As for the XDF, if I had a map from an MIUG4 I could probably make one myself. Old Skull probably developed theirs via AlienTech data.

Thank you very much for this helpful information.
This however leaves be with the impression, that for the time beeing "we" do not have the possibility to access/read/write the MIUG4 with available and effordable hard/software.
And there is currently no development at the horizon changing that...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum
replyReply to topic